Well, my first (and hopefully only) Thanksgiving away from home was sad and a bit lonely but I realize that I have so much to be thankful for – no matter how far from home I am. So, here’s a list of things I am so incredibly thankful for right now:
1) My morning today that I spent with Emily wine tasting at the Salon du Vin wine expo here in Paris.
2) My wonderful kiddo who panicked this morning when I said, “Happy Thanksgiving! It’s a biiiiig holiday in America.” And he replied by saying, “YOU GO TO UNITED STATES!?” freaking out that I was leaving him.
3) My wonderful family who Skyped me in for dinner tonight while I sat in my apartment eating Chipotle. It ALMOST felt like I was at home.
4) The package that my parents sent me for Thanksgiving yesterday.
5) The fact that I’m living out one of my dreams right now by living in Paris.
6) Last but not least, my amazing friends I have here in Paris. When I mentioned last week that I wanted to celebrate Thanksgiving but didn’t know what I was gonna do, they all immediately volunteered to make food and join me and offered up their apartments for the occasion. They truly make me feel like I’m at home when I’m with them and I love them all more than I can express.
So, there you have it. Even though I didn’t get to spend Thanksgiving with my family this year, I still have so much in my life to be thankful for.
God is good.